BA (Hons) Mass Communications (3+0) in Collaboration with University of Hertfordshire, UKINTI International College Subang : KPT/JPS (PA3014) 07/2018 | INTI International College Penang: KPT/JPT(N/321/6/0105)12/2018 - MQA/FA4077
The University of Hertfordshire degree in Communication offers students an opportunity to explore possibilities in Film, Journalism, Media Cultures and New Media Publishing. Students will be able to critically examine films, learn to write like a journalist, study popular media and use software packages to design layouts for magazines and websites and be prepared to make full use of new media tools.
- Mirrors the entrepreneurial focus of the University of Hertfordshire where students are granted access to online resource learning directly from the university
- Dedicated industry project & coursework-based modules – 90% of the module focuses on Industry-relevant competences and students are also given an opportunity to work on an Employer Project in Year 2. It is embedded into the programme as a credit-earning subject
- Industry lecturers – Top industry experts are brought into classrooms as guest lecturers
- Industry workshops – Workshops conducted by senior and experienced industry people, with the aim of providing graduates with skill-sets that employers value
- Soft skills workshops – Industry experts conduct workshops on articulation, presentation skills and self-confidence. Embedded into a credit-earning academic module
- Resume writing clinics and workshop – Guidance in creating the right resume and resume are vetted by senior faculty members
|Compulsory INTI Modules||Malaysian Students||International Students|
|MPU: U1 Ethnic Relations||?||X|
|MPU: U1 Communicating in Malay 2||X||?|
|MPU: U1 Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation||?||X|
|MPU: U1 Malaysian Studies||X||?|
|MPU: U2 Bahasa Kebangsaan A3||?||X|
|MPU: U2 Design Thinking Skills||?||?|
|MPU: U3 Corporate Social Responsibility||?||?|
|MPU: U4 Community Service||?||?|
1. Students must pass English for Mass Communications 1 to progress beyond Level 4.
2. Students must pass English for Mass Communications 2 to progress beyond Level 5.
3. Students will be required to complete the pre-requisites before enrolling for these film electives.
4. Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Malaysia are required to take MPU3213 Bahasa Kebangsaan A.
|Entry Level||Entry Requirements Required by Partner University / School|
|STPM||A minimum of two passes at minimum Grade C+ (GP 2.33)|
|A Level||A minimum of 2 full passes totalling 80 UCAS points|
|Foundation||Successful completion of a relevant Foundation / Pre-U programme with CGPA 2.00|
|UEC||5Bs including a credit in English|
|SAM||Pass 5 subjects with ATAR 65%, a pass in English and no subject below 10/20|
|NSW (HSC)||Minimum 10 units with UAI (ATAR) 65%, a pass in English and no subject below 50%|
|International Baccaulareate (IB)||Minimum 24 points with at least 4 points for SL English|
|CPU||Minimum 6 Year 12 passes with an average of 65% and pass in English at Grade 12|
|Equivalent qualifications to be assessed by the Head of Programme in liaison with the Collaborative Partnership Leader from the School of Humanities|
|Entry Level||English Requirements Required by Partner University / School|
|IELTS||Score of 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)|
|TOEFL||79 with band scores of reading 18, writing 17, listening 17, speaking 20|
|Cambridge English First||(also known as First Certificate in English) 176 overall with a minimum of 162 in each component|
|PTE||58 with no less than 42 in any band|
|An equivalent qualification in English Language|
INTI International College Subang
Download complete Estimated Fee Structure here.
|Estimated Fees (RM)|
INTI International College Subang
Download complete International Students Estimated Fee Structure here.
|Approximate Total Fee (USD)|